Thursday, February 25, 2010

Morning Moon

It was in the early morning when I saw the full moon hanging quietly up above the clear, colour-washed purple sky dotted with clouds.

It reminded me of your beautiful brown eyes.

I was stunned by its beauty – yours, and I could not help but to imagine your gentle, loving gaze lingering on me. A slow surge of warmth spreaded in my body, what everyone calls contentment, happiness.

Something shiny at the display of the jewellery store caught my eye, and I stopped to look at it. Despite the fact that you were still fast asleep at this time of the day I still dialed the familiar number of ours. I calculated my budget quickly in my mind within two dial tones.

You picked up and groggily said hello. I could see you yawning and scrunching up your strawberry nose, your hair messed up like a lion’s mane.

“Good morning, dear. I love you.”

It was not the first time I did this, but I still could hear your smiling like it was the most wonderful thing that had happened to you.

I smiled, too, and felt the sunshine of your smile on me.

No; it was the moonlight. I was showering in your kind love that never fails to take my breath away.

13/1/09 Tues
2112

0 comments: