Saturday, October 18, 2008

Untitled,

aka Moon

I took the rose from the vase and gave it to her.

"For me?"

I nodded. I led her to the mirror. "What do you see?" I gently placed my hands on her shoulders, looking at her reflection looking back at me.

She smiled. "You, me, and the rose."

"No." I bent down and whispered into her ear, "Two of the most beautiful things in the world."

She smiled again and turned away shyly.

I ran up to her and led her away from the crowd to the garden.

"You should know that I am not single."

"I beg your pardon?"

"I am engaged."

"Let us ignore that." I smiled, and held her as we waltzed along with the music.

"Do you not want to know my name?" she asked.

"Neither. What about mine?"

"I am unsure."

"Leave it that way, then."

"Have we met elsewhere."

"No."

I placed her hands on my shoulders as I placed mine on her waist and held her closer. She looked up and stared straight into my eyes, a questioning gaze.

"Who are you?"

"Your guardian angel."

"Who am I?"

I leaned forward to her mouth. "You are my Moon, my Sun," I murmured. I kissed her awaiting lips. "The centre of my Universe."

I admired at how her ace glowed under the moonlight. "My dear." She smiled and placed her hand on my cheek. She tip-toed and kissed me softly.

She rested her head on my shoulder. I placed my hand on the small of her back and swayed gently. "Let us elope, to a faraway escapade."

"I am sorry," she replied after a pause.

I closed my eyes and combed her hair with my fingers. She hummed a foreign song. "My mother used to sing me this song."

"I wish she could see the both of us."

She looked up at the dark, starless sky. "She is."

"I wish she could grant the both of us."

"She would." She let her hands drop to her side.

I placed my hand on her cheek. "Then let us."

She covered my hand with both of hers. "I hope I could."

"Nobody will know."

"He will."

"We will be happy."

"I do not know."

She stepped back and looked down at her feet.

"You know you are the reason of my Existence, my Living, my Death," I said.

"And without you, I am a living body with a dead soul."

I looked at her, and she looked back at me. Her eyes grew moist, with her sincere love and apology.

"Will you remember this night, like I will?" she asked.

"I forever will."

"Do not forget me."

"Do not forget us."

Our hands met, and I kissed the back of her hand.

We parted for the rest of our lives without saying goodbye. I glanced up at the moon and remembered the way the moon glowed like how she mesmerised me.

6/7/08
Sun

Extracted from here

0 comments: