Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dear Mr. A,

You sit quietly at your seat, staring at an unseen space, deep in your thoughts.

You told me things, things that does not really matter to me, that I do not need to know. And it is only a day later that I wonder, why did you tell me? I am quite sure, though, that besides the matter of trust, you are just being yourself.

Or perhaps, I am not the only one who knows them?

Is that your usual façade? Or is that really you? You do not seem happy or satisfied with your current situation. Sorry, if I jump to conclusion.

You said the reason you asked me those questions is so to know me better. It might have been asked out of curiosity, or just pure fun. I do not think you really know me. While I fool around like an overgrown kid, you do not know me.

I do not tell you things, things like what you tell me.

You might not be interested anyway.

You are quiet today, even though you still walk around the class, you are quiet.

I noticed, that there are days when you are the person we know, or recognized; and there are times when you keep to yourself, while nobody notices.

Funny, how people do not notice, when you are usually the one who leads to liven up the class.

You said the world is unfair. I know, I really do; we all do. It is just that when you are stuck in a situation like this, you cannot afford to be pessimistic.

So I told you to cheer up, to not be envious of others, to make best of what you have.

I do not think you absorb them; I believe you might have even think of these words as mere clichés.

I do not bother.

I just wish you are happy.

I wonder, what were you thinking, then?

22/7/08
Tues

0 comments: