Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dear You,

You told me the night before that he likes you, in a way more than friends.

Congratulations, I said.

You might have thought I said it out of courtesy, because I felt like I did sound that way, but no. I am surprised, yes, because I've never expected things to take such a pleasant twist.

I am, in fact, genuinely happy for you, and the fact that I feel this way surprises me as well, because I thought I would behave indifferent towards anything that is happening around me.

And everytime I think of you and him, it never fails to bring a small smile on my face. I bet it tastes sweeter than the vanilla latte I spent on you, eh?

I tried to imagine the way he said the words to you, because often they sound awkwardly ordinary. Of course, I did not ask you, because I've forgotten to.

Haha.

I tried to imagine the moment you told me the news. You warned me beforehand not to tease you.

I wonder, were you surprised that I did not react the way you expected me to? Did it take you time to tell me? Were you nervous? Was I the first to know?

While previously I could've simple guess the answers to my queries correctly (your reactions are quite predictable), this time I was unable to do so, because we had been leading distinct lives since the beginning of this year. The portion of moments shared together gets smaller. I don't know how much you've changed.

Lucky you, girl, that you've found your him. It must've taken lots of efforts and sheer luck to thread the two of you together over the distant of the Pacific. I know you'll appreciate him, I hope he will, too. Whatever that happens next, I just wish you the best of luck, because a happy ending is still too soon to be said.

Just, please, don't end up on the bed when you two finally meet, yeah?

I kid! :P

30/8/08
Sat


*

This letter does come off a little too early, I'll say X( But I can't stop the brain juice!

Congrats, very sincerely.

0 comments: